Age Minimum (with Adult):18+, Minimum Age:18+
Youth Program Volunteer- Grades K-5
Title: Youth Program Voluneer
- Assist the Program Administrtor to create, implement and manage afterschool arts, recreation and curriculum-based clubs at Reeds Refuge Center serving grades K-5. .
- Positive development in student attendance and participation.
- Improved behavior in terms of academic performance.
- Positive change in students’ motivation to learn.
- Positive change in students’ attentiveness in class.
- Plan and lead daily educational activities for groups of up to 12 students.
- Prepare lessons that focus on educational and prevention components designated by Site Coordinator, teachers and curriculum maps.
- Integrate life skills concepts into daily schedule of clubs and activities.
- Communicate with parents.
- Ensure student safety and accountability.
- Communicate with Site Coordinator on students’ behavior, improvements and difficulties.
- End of year teacher survey.
- Pre & post student survey for each trimester
- Mid-year review
- Experience in elementary school curriculum and the ability to create lesson plans, preferred.
- Must have some experience working with students in an educational setting with children ages 5-12.
- Experience working with at-risk children in a school setting, preferable.
- Skills in communicating with a diverse population, listening, organization and problem solving.
- A desire to contribute to the success of the elementary school students and RRC youth in the Wilmington area
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Reeds Refuge after school programming hours of operations are Monday thru Friday 3:30-6:00PM and our summer camp program hours are from 7am-6PM
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: