Age Minimum (with Adult):18+, Minimum Age:18+
Adopt-A-Family Delaware (Human Services Council, Inc.) seeks board members who live and/or work in Kent and Sussex Counties Delaware.
Human Services Council, Inc.
Member of the Council
Job Description and Expectations
Purpose: To advise, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Adopt-A-Family so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the council of directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Encourage community interest in ADOPT-A-FAMILY
- Develop community awareness of clients’ needs
- Generate new personnel resources for ADOPT-A-FAMILY
- Develop sources of funds and disburse same to advance the above purposes in serving eligible clients
- Solicit and receive items of personal property that will be used for client’s needs
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
*Members of the council share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of Adopt-A-Family. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of term: All Council Members will be appointed to serve two-year terms. There is no limit to the number of terms of service on the Council, as long as the member is actively involved to the satisfaction of ALL members of the Council.
Meetings and time commitment:
- The council of directors has a minimum of three regular meetings each calendar year. Location of meetings to be determined by Council.
- Committees of the council meet as needed according to their respective work agenda.
- Council members are requested to attend, in person, a minimum of two meetings a year and the Annual Meeting.
Expectations of council members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate on a standing committee of the Council, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by Adopt-a-Family’s mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote Adopt-A-Family’s mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with Adopt-A-Family’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of Adopt-A-Family.
- Support Adopt-A-Family programs throughout the year with your time, talents, and financial resources.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: